Sunday, July 29, 2012
Week 5: Bingo
For Week 5, the J and the C part of my name worked up a Bingo game that targets whole health. While our physical health is important, our mental, emotional and spiritual health is also something we need to take care of. When we keep our life in balance with physical, spiritual and emotional and intellectual health, we achieve total wellness. If we are out of balance in any areas, our total wellness will be affected. So this week, see how much of your bingo card you can fill out. Some squares contain activities that can be completed easily, others will require more preparation and may be spread over multiple days. The square in the middle with my picture will work as a free space.
Each family is being emailed 6 different bingo cards. Allow each participant to roll a die in order to choose which card each person will use. Gold medals will be awarded to those athletes who manage to "black-out" their entire board by completing every square. Silver medals will be awarded to athletes who get at least 3 "bingos" and Bronze medals will be awarded to anyone who completes 1 or 2 "bingos".
Good Luck to all!
JACK signing off. . .
5 comments:
When do we have to turn in our results?
Results need to be turned in Saturday night.
As you report your results for BINGO make a comment about any new vegetable and exercise you tried. Comment on whether you liked it and will try it again. It should be interesting to see what the rest of us may want to try.
I bought Kohlrabi to try. Online searches indicated it can be eaten raw or cooked in a variety of ways. We cut one bulb and added it to salad for lunch today. It is said to be like a cross between raw broccoli and radish for taste. Ours was very mild, very crunchy, and an okay addition to the fresh salad. We have two more bulbs (they look like green sputniks!) and I think I'll try cooking them to see what we think.
For my new exercise, I did a DVD with some kick-boxing on it. I can't say it's going to be something I do on a regular basis, but it was okay.
We were boring and didn't try a new veggie--I sent Jeff to the store to get one, but he says we have tried all the ones our store carries. No kohlrabi at our store, but it sounds cool!
I tried a couple of new exercises, but I think the one that will stick around is the leg lifts. I was amazed at how much both my abs and back muscles were working. I liked that!
For our vegetable, we tried the mini corn cobs as part of our stir-fry. I know I've had them before, but the kids hadn't and thought they were really cool. I didn't get around to actually doing the workout, but I looked up a Zumba instruction video on Youtube for a new exercise.
Post a Comment